6 Things You Do When You're Too Comfortable in a Relationship
There are few things as satisfying as being totally comfortable in a monogamous relationship. But can you get too comfortable? Judging from the following list of six shameless things you do when you're mega-comfortable in a relationship, the answer seems to be yes:
1. It’s been almost a week since you’ve last washed your hair. You’re lounging on the couch with your guy (or girl) and you’re cuddling, glass of wine in one hand with your other hand reaching for the popcorn in between you two, and you nestle your head into their shoulder. You realize it’s been a solid six days since your hair has last seen shampoo, and your significant other (SO) is definitely breathing in your dirty hair, pretending like they haven’t noticed.
2. You forgot to wax. When you’ve been with someone for so long, they’ve most likely seen you at your best and worst, and they’ve grown to love your stubbly leg hair or your overgrown bikini line.
3. You take off your makeup immediately if you two aren’t going out. I’m obsessed with the feeling of clean skin so whether I’m home alone or my boyfriend is over my house, I immediately take my makeup off. Sure, in the past, I would fear him seeing blemishes on my face or my dark circles. But there reaches a point where you just give up on obsessing over covering up some of your flaws and let your true self shine.
4. You have no shame showing off your matching set of flannel pajamas. As soon as my makeup is off, I rush to put on my pajamas. And yes, my SO has to accept and love my cheesy flannels whether he likes it or not.
5. You sit on the toilet bowl while your SO is also in the bathroom. The majority of people in committed relationships join each other in the bathroom. When you can’t hold it in any longer and your SO is taking their sweet time washing their hands or brushing their teeth, you run in that bathroom and do your business whether they like it or not.
6. You kiss each other with morning breath. You spend the night at one another’s place, roll over and plant a big smooch on bae’s lips with no shame of your stinky morning breath. Yup, another one of the many shameless things that happen when you’re super comfortable in your relationship. It’s a nice feeling to be totally comfortable around the one you love.